Working with clients in the field of Land Management solutions for thirty years; our leadership by innovation business model; a complete portfolio of technology and knowledge assets: all this has established ABACO as a global software company.
We engage with a market through an individual and flexible offering. Cloud-based solutions, knowledge sharing platforms, geospatial intelligence and mobile apps support our view that a more capillary penetration of such solutions into daily activity is a sign of things to come.
This is the basis of the ABACO SITI TRP – Territory Resource Planning system – the foundation on which our products are solidly built.
ABACO has always given strategic importance to investment in research and the development and acquisition of companies specialised in the management of administrative tasks and advanced technology. We were the first to introduce the concept of spatial databases in the 1990s and we presented the first configurable TRP Territory Resource Planning platform at the beginning of 2000.
Our Mission and Vision
To innovate. The development of agricultural markets in the direction of technology and new challenges in sustainable development imply continued evolution.
We try to simplify the networking and exchange of knowledge by allowing the work of farmers, the industry and public bodies to be effective. We look to satellites but we keep our feet firmly on the ground and are well aware of management and data entry costs.
We believe in a model where one should be able to link land knowledge to what we actually grow. We promote solutions bringing together all the stakeholders in the industry.
Our Values and People
- Care for our clients and end users: clients are at the centre of what we do. We listen and value your independence and privacy
- Specialisation: we are experts in the field and we know its founding principles
- Concreteness: we are flat-footed on the ground and produce easy to use and functional solutions
- Trust in the future: we look to change with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Innovation: we continue to look for new opportunities and we seek a multidisciplinary approach
- Integrity: we are open, honest and ethical
- Passion: we commit and put all our energy into our work, to involve and inspire others
Our teams are made up of experts from the realm of IT, cartography, agronomy, biology, agricultural and environmental economics as well as GIS…but first and foremost we are experts in the application field of the software solutions we supply. We invest great energy in the selection of the best talents and their professional growth and in the promotion of their wellbeing.
Certifications and Awards
- Oracle (2007): Innovative partner for the: Framework SITI and SITI Agri (IACS) applications
- Geocap Unit of the Joint research Centre of the European Commission (2008) for Best scientific publication on LPIS Quality Control
- General Directorate for Agriculture of the European Commission award for the Best presentation for the use of 3D modelling in field checks (2009)
- “Oracle Spatial Excellence Partnership Award 2010”. Best partner for the use of Spatial technologies
- General Directorate for Agriculture of the European Commission award for the Best presentation for the use of LPIS as a knowledge system. An example of LPIS data use applied to risk analysis and cross-compliance checks (2010)
- ‘Oracle Spatial 2010 Excellence Partnership Award’, for contributions to research and development of the Oracle 3D platform
- Prize at the event Italia degli Innovatori promoted by the Italian Ministero dell’Economia e dell’Innovazione. Technology was exhibited at he 2011 Shanghai Expo
- General Directorate for Agriculture of the European Commission award for the Best presentation on new methodologies and simplification tools for LPIS and land cover update (2011)
- DigitalGlobe Charter Member Information Partner Program 2014, technology award
- UK-Italy Business Award 2015 by UK Trade & Investment and the British Consulate of Milan
- Geospatial Intelligence Award 2016, Industry category in Orlando, Florida